Friday, June 26, 2009

Sweating my ASS off...


Since you're here reading this, you're probably hoping to escape the deluge of media coverage regarding the deaths of Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. I'll spare you any more mention of these two events that have defined this week other than this: it's sad to hear of this on both accounts, but who is truly surprised? Farrah pretty much said her good-byes while she could. And as for MJ, it's only a matter of time before the unfortunate comparisons to Anna-Nicole (and those that placated each of them) begins.

Regardless, thank you for choosing to read this instead and I hope to keep you entertained...

So there are times when I'm really not a smart person. When I'm pissed off I can be down-right stubborn, which is how I feel right now. I'm sitting on the theater bleachers in the HOT sun, sweating my ass off with a glass of wine in one hand and a wool sweater I'm working in the other. Yes, wool. Chuck's sitting in a camp chair in the shade, talking loudly on the cell phone. I'm very annoyed because he's probably quite cool over there, but he's ruining the quiet that existed before he returned from fetching the chair from my trunk by describing his car repair escapade (in excruciating detail); he criticized my driving on the way here (the gall of him!); and he's blaming me for not making sure that the dinner he fixed for himself was in the picnic basket. [I made sure my sandwich and my wine was there -- anything else was extraneous in my book.]

Mark bailed out for the evening, and I hope that Parker and Becky both make it soon. The Summer Circle's performance of "Kid Purple" and the late show of "Clevinger's Trial" (a short from Catch 22) will begin soon. Chuck's trying to convince me to me to head out for the MSU Astronomy Club's open telescope night tonight. If you're not up for theater, definitely head out for the telescopes tonight -- it's quarter moon, so that won't be too vexing for getting a view of Saturn and whatnot. Plus, you get to keep my drunk ass company when I'm tired and ready to go, but Chuck's busy chit-chatting with his 'scope buddies.

TWILIGHT update: so I managed to pass my obsession on to one of my coworkers and to one of the knitters. My coworker has actually started listening to the soundtrack at the office (hee, hee) and my knitter friend will have my copies of the books in hand for a weekend trip (glad to be an pusher)
....

Well, the play's ready to start....stay cool for me while I'm sweating my ASS off...

No comments: