Saturday, June 13, 2009

I have the worst taste in music


So, I received a "free" set of 50 downloads from eMusic and have had the past two weeks to choose songs. Well, my "free" account expires tonight at midnight and I've only found 14 songs that I wanted to download. How pathetic is that? I just can't seem to find anything that interests me enough to want a copy of. I'm pretty music illiterate to start with, and feel that it's best for me to know exactly what I'm looking for, since the "Browsing" option just isn't working for me. It's so bad to the point where the "Must Haves" that have been identified for me are all Al Green albums. What the hell, man? I'm so not an Al Green fan, and am beginning to think the website is just messing with me. Sounds paranoid, right?

So far, I've picked out songs from Tiesto, M|A|R|R|S, Girl Talk, Bjork, Beethoven, CCR, De La Soul, and Motley Crue. [Yes, part of me is totally stuck in the past. Whenever I hear "Bad Moon Rising", I think of the movie "American Flyers" with Kevin Costner and Rae Dawn Chong, and "Fortunate Son" makes me think of "Full Metal Jacket", both of which are a pretty good flicks by the way.] And it hasn't been for lack of trying. I've racked my brain for songs that I wished I had on my little I-thing, and looked for stuff by The Ting Tings, Soho, Reverand Horton Heat, even J.J. Fad, but came up empty-handed on the songs I wanted. Maybe I'm just not in an adventurous enough mood to be doing this right now.

At any rate, I'd like to share a couple of links that I thought were completely cool things: the first is about a Doctor Who-themed funeral -- what a way to go! The second might be seen by some as being a little irreverent, but I think that it would really tie the room together if I had it framed and on my den wall.

Before I go, a little update on the cupcake beanies: for the record, I'm only making two. Originally, I was thinking that I would make one for each of the three babies born into Chuck's family over the past two months, but have decided to cut back to focusing only on the twins. Sorry Leo & Nicole -- I'll have to do something much cooler than that for Gabriella. At any rate, I was struck with one of the worst cases of insomnia last night; leaving me to start the second beanie around midnight and making it through to the bobbles before finally going to bed. Sylvain leaves tomorrow morning for his first of five weeks of Scout camp over the summer; I wonder if that's what has me wound....

Now, if you excuse me, I need to browse through a few thousand more songs before the night is through...

UPDATE! I found that the soundtrack to Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog is available! Hooray! Now I have something to sing to while at the office....coworkers beware! 14 tracks down! 22 more to go!

1 comment:

VM Brasseur said...

Serious? You can't find 50 at eMusic? Dang... I find 75 every month and for almost a year I was doing 150/month.

Admittedly, I'm musically promiscuous.