Monday, June 15, 2009

"Oh, but I like it that way..."

which was my reply, delivered in an up-beat tone with a smile on my face to some kind stranger this afternoon in Meijer who pointed out to me that my zipper was down. DAMN these jeans!!! I swear that I didn't have this problem with these pants before dropping them off at the tailors to be hemmed. I guess that's what I get for being lazy and not doing the tailoring myself. But that still doesn't explain why this problem is occurring. Either I was given the wrong pair of pants; or, my zipper was broken while at the tailor; or, I had been walking around with my zipper down before the hem adjustment and never knew it...I hate waste, but this zipper thing is driving me crazy, where I'm seriously considering throwing the pants away just so I don't have to mess with it.

I'm a little excited for my knit-in/cook-out I'm hosting tomorrow. Diane is supposed to come over for an impromptu send-off since she leaves in a couple of days for a temp job assignment in Massachusetts. In honor of this, I made a Boston Cream Pie for our dessert, though while looking up a recipie, I wondered if I've ever actually had a real piece of this pie before. I settled on a recipe from Cook's Illustrated, who has never failed me. Chuck was pretty skeptical as to whether Boston Cream Pie involved sponge cake (as the recipe suggests), but I'm counting on the New Englander culinary experts to know more about this than one Cleveland Hungarian. Hopefully, it'll taste okay.

No comments: