Saturday, January 23, 2010

Just because I enjoy to bitch

Hi everyone,

Sure, I have knitting and movies to report, but why do that when I have something to get off my chest?

Have you ever been dining at a restaurant and have been asked by the waiter/waitress if you're "still working on insert meal item here"? Have you ever worked or are currently employed as said restaurant "associate" and uttered such a ridiculous line? Really, why is that an appropriate question? What answer could you possibly hope to hear?

I find being asked if I'm "still working on" a meal to be highly insulting.
I mean, really?!?

"Why, no, please buckle the feed bag back on and let me have some peace while I slave away! Or better yet, please roll my fat, consumer ass up to the trough so that I can get right to work!"

Folks, in my mind, a good meal should be a delight and not something you're compelled to eat as though it's your duty as a human being. I feel this way every time I'm asked that particular question at a restaurant.

Mark my words: from this day forward, my stock response will be to stop eating, ask for a box, and announce to the server that that's my cue for "quitting time for the day".

Okay, thanks for hearing out my rant. Am I really alone in this?!?

No comments: