Thursday, December 3, 2009

I'm losing it, folks

I'm writing this out of pure and total frustration. I've been losing things left and right lately. And, no particular offense to my library friends and other bibliophiles, but the hot items for me to lose right now are books and magazines.

I'm on my second notice for an overdue book and stack of magazines from the public library.

I'm throwing in the towel in searching both the home office and the office office for two other books from the campus library and am going to pay for the replacement of these items. (To the tune of at least $75 each, mind you.)

Now, I've spent the past hour tearing the house apart looking for the aforementioned library materials, but also for the next two book club books that I bought early in November. Yep, I can't find those either.

Now, I like to think of myself as a fairly neat person. Sure, if you're looking for dust, you'll likely find it in a few spots; and I have my favorite spot for clutter. But, I'm a far cry from those poor folks on Hoarders!

During this search, just when I got to the absolute peak of frustration, I found the one public library book. But the rest? I truly hope I don't need to reach that same level of anxiety for each item. I will surely be in rough shape by weekend's end, if that's the case.

So, wish me luck and keep a good eye on where you set down your book.



[Oh, yeah, in case you're keeping a count on the clogs: pair #6 are now done; and I'm going to take a few days hiatus to knit-up my coworker's Christmas stockings.....]

No comments: