Monday, November 30, 2009

Now we're cookin'!

There's a lot to be said about the drive from Cleveland back to Lansing. I have my favorite of the three service plazas that're on the way. My favorite route off of the Turnpike (never going through Maumee). If Chuck drives, I usually get to sit, knit, and look up in surprise as we pass over the border into Michigan. If I drive, I usually fidget with the radio while Chuck sleeps or complains about my driving.

During yesterday's drive home, I wasn't feeling too well with something not sitting quite right that I had eaten the night before. I doubt that it was the massive pork shank from two nights ago, but given that I've avoided meat for a while, I could've been on a little bit of a meat overload. Given my condition, Chuck drove home and I got to knit, and boy did I ever. I was able to start and finish a pair of clogs for my niece Calista. It was knit out of Cascade 220 and Cascade 220 Quatro. Now that I've completed two pairs of clogs using a Quatro yarn as my main body color, I have reservations on how it'll look. Sitting side-by-side with the pair from last week (which was knit using Lamb's Pride and I apologize for not saying so at the time), I'm leaning more towards the verigated rather than plied look for color variation. Sure, that's without actually felting either pair yet, so maybe my mind will change by that time. I have one more set of clog yarn left before a trip to a shop is needed and this one will also be knit using a plied wool from Galway. Once this pair is done, then work on the two pairs of Prairie Boots and two Christmas stockings that are still needed can begin.

Needless to say, I took the day off today to stay home with Sylvain, who spent the day in bed sick as a dog, and amazingly did not do any knitting. The smell of homemade chicken noodle soup is wafting throughout the house, but other than cooking that, I'm not sure really what I accomplished today. Does it help that the chicken stock was made from scratch too? Well, I'm off to bake some bread, then have dinner with my guys and sit-in for Sylvain at his Scout meeting. The boys are starting their planning for a trip to Philmont this summer and there's a lot to be done before the holidays get into full swing.

No comments: