Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Finally getting productive


Slowly but surely, I'm coming out of the fog that had been with me for the past several days. As if my week last week couldn't get any worse, I came down with the flu in the wee hours of last Thursday morning. Luckily, Chuck had the wherewithal to call-in to work for me and to take me to the doctor's, where I received two of the most excruciating shots. The remainders of Thursday and most of Friday are lost to me since I spent most of that time either in a daze or sleeping; and I stupidly insisted that we maintained our plans of driving north Friday night in anticipation of picking up Sylvain from camp Saturday. Our plans had Chuck and I stay overnight in Bay City, which had the closest Holiday Inn on the way to West Branch and at which Chuck had perk points to burn. I topped my week off my burning the roof of my mouth on some molten goat cheese while at Lumerbaron's for dinner. And that not only ruined the mushroom soup that was the rest of my dinner and all other food I ate on into Sunday.

Truth be told, things looked like they were getting better on Wednesday: Sue came over and we finally got her socks on circs started; I bound off on the body of Nancy's sweater and half of Lisa's shawl, and completed weaving the last of my green napkins. All done while waiting for Mark & Becky to come over for movie night. I should have known that I was having too much of a good thing.

At any rate, things are getting back to normal: Chuck's got dinner going on the grill, Sylvain's down in the den watching TV, and I'm binding-off on Lisa's Triform shawl. Her pattern is in good shape, and once she has it available on-line, I'll post photos and give you my rant against Noro.

As for movies: we finally saw Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on Sunday and we're heading back to the theater tonight for the cheap seat show of Transformers: Rise of the Fallen. There isn't much for me to say about Harry, sure, I wanted to see it, but at this point, it seemed more to me like a formality of seeing it in the cinema environment and seeing what was different from the book. I don't have a lot of hope for Transformers, and am happy to not be paying full price for watching it. I'll also have my FlatFeet socks on hand to keep me busy, just in case the movie loses my interest....

No comments: