Thursday, July 16, 2009

Enjoying a losing game


The score is 13-6, with the home team losing. Do we really care when the draft beers are $2? Not really. And I don't even like beer....

I have my Flat Feet sock project on hand and have been making some progress on it. So, that counts for something, right? Besides, there's an intermittent drizzle going, that started while the sun was still out. Talking to Chuck, I found that the Cleveland Hungarians don't really have a phrase about that. Growing up in Virginia, my mom used to tell my brother and I that sunshowers were a sign that Satan was beating his wife (which is supposedly a Southern thing). According to Wikipedia, Filipino lore says that these showers were a sign of elves getting married. What does your heritage say about these supposedly rare events? Post me a comment or PM me because I'm genuinely curious...

Now, excuse me, it's Neil Diamond tribute night here at Oldsmobile Park (while it's still called that since GM has given up their park contract); the ball game is now over and Chuck's waiting for me at the impersonator concert....

UPDATE: there's also a Striesand impersonator!!! Though, oddly enough, the Neil Diamond impersonator disappeared. I'm suspecting a quick costume change has occurred...can't they just make like Victor/Victoria?!? Ooops!!! "Neil" just came out from behind the shimmery curtain hung off of their R.V. Sorry, Babs, but I honestly thought you might have been a man....

No comments: