Sunday, May 31, 2009

What just happened?!?


Hi folks. Yesterday was the first day since Monday that I was able to pull myself off the couch after being glued in this one spot with book in hand. Sure, I went to work, made dinner, kept the house clean -- necessities. But every free minute was spent reading. What, you may ask, had me entranced in this way? Well if you're a FB friend, you may already know based on this little status update "conversation":

Me: "cursing Tracy for lending me her stupid Twilight book...and I can't get to sleep til I finish it!" -- May 27 at 11:51pm

Friend 1: "I have trouble putting it down!" -- May 28 at 12:12am

Friend 2: "That good? Maybe I should read it... My daughter read the entire series and is reading it again..." -- May 28 at 6:24am

Friend 3: "hee hee" May 28 -- at 7:58am

Friend 4: "Haaa! You've become one of US" -- May 28 at 7:27pm

And one "likes this" from Friend 5....

Well the one thing that I neglected to report in my status update (more out of shame than anything else) was that by midnight on Wednesday, I was trying to finish up reading the 3rd book: "Eclipse". Yep, blink twice because I surely did. By late Friday night, I had finished the series and was giving solid thought to re-reading the first book before returning it to Tracy. Here, I bitch and moan that I can't seem to make it through other books, but yet was able to become engrossed in the story enough to read 2,000 or so pages in 5 days. Sure, I didn't like the last book and agree with one review that calls what Meyers did with the story was "bunt" for an ending. I also agree with Stephen King in that often I found myself frustrated over the way things were phrased or descriptions that were repetitive beyond nauseating. But still...something drew me in to keep turning the pages.

Please don't ask me exactly what it was, because for someone that can't "write worth a damn", Stephanie Meyer kept me from my knitting and that takes a lot.

Well, if you excuse me, I now have a movie to watch....

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I know just what you mean! I think there's crack in the pages or something. And the movie is pretty terrible, but it does kind of improve after a few viewings. Should I be kind of ashamed that I know that? :)