Monday, May 4, 2009

Dinner (and then some)

So it's been quite a while since I've had a chance to be left alone & write. I'm relaxing at dinner in Bar Divani in downtown Grand Rapids and am really enjoying myself. I'm in town for the Great Lakes Homeland Security Conference. My exhibit booth is set to go. I just need to put the finishing touches on a slide show that will be playing at our table, so the night is mine.

I've decided to just try wine by the taste and my first choice is the Cline, Ancient Vinex Mourvedre. It's not sharp on the tongue and very fruity. I've thrown the diet out the window (sorta) and ordered the cheese course: basil braided blue, chipotle cheddar, and brie with crackers, grapes, and strawberries. The cheese plate is excellent and is surprisingly filling. Taste 2 is a Peirano Estate Petit Sirah. It's also pretty good, but I prefer the Cline over it.

I'm also enjoying the banter of the strangers to the right of me as they argue out all the wrongs of the world (inadequate health care options in New York City, economics of short sales, and hedge funds). To the left of me is a table of Barbie-figured sorority girls who are thumbing through a 10 page wine list, but have decided to order margaritas (try a taste of something ladies! You know, you might like it, okay?!?).

Well, that's all that I have for now. Yes, I've had a hellish, busy month since returning from Disney. Yes, I have a ton of photos to share. But, both of which I'd rather not think about. Afterall, I'm enjoying my night out.

1 comment:

VM Brasseur said...

Huh. Dad will be at that conference, too. Teensy weensy little world.