Sunday, March 1, 2009

Is 2009 the year of the sweater?

So far in 2009, my yarn purchases have consisted of baby blankets for Chuck's relatives (two down and one more to go!!) and sweaters for me. I guess, technically, the Estes sweater yarn dates back to October. Though if it matters, I frantically worked on the sweater during the week leading up to Knit Michigan with hopes to wear it to the event, only to not make much more progress than what's shown in the photos since missing that artificial deadline. The Estes sweater is from the Fall 2008 issue of Interweave Knits and is being knit out of Cascade Pastaza from the Yarn Garden.



I now have yarn to work on the "hooded jacket" from the Winter 2008 issue of Vogue Knitting in Kathmandu Aran from Rae's; the trapeze-line jacket from Bergere de France's "Knit Generation" pattern book in their Magic yarn from Threadbear; and Jubileum from the 60th anniversary of Heilo pattern book by Dale of Norway from Woven Art. Can't you tell that I've been on a local shop hop lately?

That aside, I *might* allow myself to finish the Estes sweater once the final baby blanket is done. But, I am refusing to cast on for any of the rest of the sweaters until I've pieced together my afghan squares from the Great American Aran Afghan. Sadly, these have sat on the floor of my stash room since September. Completed. Blocked, even. A shameful tragedy, really. And it's high time for me to make it right. So, if you're local, please be a true friend and chastise me if you see something other than a baby blanket or afghan squares in my hands. Trust me, you'll know when the afghan is finally complete...

No comments: