Saturday, August 2, 2008

"Why read your blog when I live your blog?"



Hi! And welcome to my blog! I guess everyone needs to start somewhere and today's the day to finally get this thing off the ground. If you managed to find your way here from Ravelry, Facebook, or stumbled upon this by mistake, enjoy! I'll try to post something daily, or will at least let you guys know when I expect to be out and about in the middle of nowhere and computer-less; in which case, I'll Twitter. I'll do my best to protect the innocent by not naming the kids I'm sure to complement and complain about (at least those that aren't my own) and won't print last names of adults I do talk about.

So, let's get started: I decided to title this post with Chuck's reaction to me telling him that I'm starting a blog. Can you feel the love?

The day started off well: caught up with Sue at the local Beaner's coffee for a quick hour's worth of chit chat. Got enough knitting accomplished on my "Daphne" purse to merit adding a second ball. The project is from Louisa Harding's "Knitting Little Luxuries" book and is being worked using Euroflax Geneva. While, I wouldn't recommend this yarn for most projects (mostly b/c it splits very, very easy, but most cottons do), I'm confident that this yarn will stand up to the beating that most purses endure.

The rest of today was spent atop a ladder, scraping the crap out of the crummy yellow paint that's currently on my house. Yep, 6 hours for 15' worth of space.

Sorry, Lynn, I had every intention of seeing you and Brian perform tonight at the Lansing Jazz Fest, but the day slipped away from me.

In addition to doing this suck-ass prep work on the house, our neighbor Steve came over to lend a hand with a tree that had fallen from our yard into our neighbors. I felt really bad about it, and hated just barging over into their fenced-in yard, but we've yet to meet these people (after living here for 2 years) or even see signs that the house is actually occupied.

As I was walking through their yard to retrieve brush cut by Chuck and Steve, I half expected to see someone shackled in the basement, clawing at the egress window for help. Needless to say, not crazed hostages were found and Steve had the right toys for us to use to get the job done. All that's left is to run the debris through a chipper, which oddly enough were all checked out from the nearby rental store.

So, once our painting project stuff got cleaned up and put away, Chuck and I enjoyed a nice pasta dinner (cooked by Chuck, of course, and using fresh basil from our pretty pathetic garden) and a bottle of Canadian Riesling (Thirty Bench winery in Beamsville, Ontario).

Chuck's now making a disaster zone of the kitchen...I mean, he's whipping up an authentic key lime pie for tomorrow's Troop 125 parent cook-out at Tom & Kathy's. He thinks that he can make little mini-pies (ala the mini-cheesecake recipes that seem to be popular nowadays). Stay tuned for tomorrow's post to see if he got the proportions down correctly to pull it off....

As for movies I've seen recently: saw "The Dark Knight" twice over the past week and "X-Files: I want to believe" yesterday. Won't discuss at the moment since I've probably bored you enough and will wait until a day that I don't have much to say (whenever that may be). Tonight, there's nothing really on the tube, so we'll likely watch something from my BB request list; either "Henry Fool" or disk 2 of season 1 of "Torchwood" (thank you Rae for piquing my interest in this series through your scarf!).

No comments: