Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Somewhat out of panic

I've finally hit a new low. I'm sitting in my hotel room, full after having eaten some pizza, and am now knitting while watching TV. But, the knitting isn't fun and I'm trying very hard to not go into a bit of a panic over my projects. I'm woefully behind and can't seem to take decent enough photos just to show you how bad the situation really is.

The projects I'm working are a Rippled Baby Blanket out of superwash wool by Lonesome Stone Jelly Bean for my friend Amy and the Petals wrap out of Just Our Yarns Aziza tencel for myself (my Ravelympics project).

The "plan" is to have the baby blanket complete by the time I get home tomorrow night so that it can be blocked before I go to bed. The shower is Saturday afternoon; so, yes, I'm cutting it quite close. I have 2.5 more balls to go thru and the "plan" is to knit all but 1 ball, which would be reserved for an I-cord border.

As for the wrap, I had the most horrendous knot in my skein of tencel that it took the wind out of knitting on both Monday and Tuesday. I'm on the second arm of the wrap, so I'll need to finish it up, then crochet a beaded border. I'm not a strong crocheter and haven't worked with beads this way....And, with this being a Ravelympics project, the goal is to have this wrap completed by the closing Olympic ceremony, which is, what, Sunday night?!?

In addition to dealing with the fateful knotted wad of tencel, Monday night was spent sewing ribbon onto my Trapeze-line sweater so that it could be worn Tuesday. (Yes, I had sewn it once, but once side was uneven and still rolled inwards, so needed to be ripped out and sewn again.)

On the plus side, I have tonight, as well as several hours on the train tomorrow for the blanket; and Friday and Saturday night and all-day Sunday for the wrap. Wish me well and I hope to have a more positive message (and photos) next time....

No comments: