Friday, September 18, 2009

Win some, lose some

So, Chuck's driving with Sylvain sitting shot-gun and me in the back seat of my car. Not that I'm a control freak or anything, but it's pretty damned scary sitting back here as we're tearing down the highway towards Amy's family cabin in Manton. It's our annual canoeing get together; and this year, Sylvain gets to kayak solo.

Anyways, we just switched up the driving since I've come down with a pretty annoying cold and am beginning to feel pretty tired.

I took the day off of work today with the hopes of getting my house cleaned and ready in anticipation of hosting knitting this Tuesday. I'm certain that when we get home from canoeing, cleaning will be the last thing I'd want to do, so had wanted to get that out of the way.

Yes, I was sure to take photos of all of my Shop Hop loot, but neglected to upload the pics before leaving on our trip. This is because, unfortunately for me, I decided that I'd start off with sorting my yarn stash. Six and a half hours later, I had a decent-looking yarn room with my yarn organized by fiber and project status.

So, let's explore this one for a minute.

I covered my living room with yarn, notions, patterns, and (literal) knit-knacks. Sarah can vouch for this as mid-way thru the sorting, she was very kind to stop by with her knittty-knoddy that I borrowed (which, by the way, was a tremendous help!). Wool took over the large couch; acrylic, kits, and UFOs on the second couch; sock yarn mounded on the ottoman; cottons lined the floor in front of the fireplace; and novelty yarn perched on an end-table.

The up-side of this whole process: found 5 pairs (!) of needles and my missing hank of Dream in Color mentioned in previous day and some wonderful Shu Bui yarn I totally forgot I had purchased from Knit/Purl in Oregon.

And since there's a down-side wherever there's an up-side: my house is no cleaner than before I started. In fact, one could validly argue that it's significantly worse. Needless to say, if you're over Tuesday and notice an errant dust bunny, please turn a blind eye. I'd gladly distract you my newly organized yarn stash.

No comments: