Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Canoeing? Check! Knitting? Check? Paint the house? Still to do...

Okay, so maybe listening to "If Love is a Red Dress" isn't really putting me in the right mood to blog at the moment, but that song will be over soon enough and I'll be on the surf-rock that I'm in the mood to listen to from the Pulp Fiction soundtrack (careful if clicking this link at the office....it starts out just like the soundtrack with the cafe robbery scene & lots of yelling and f-bombs). There, now it's better as the tracks have changed; but as far as house painting is concerned, we're completely stalled at the moment. We've been pretty busy and there's some prep work needed to be done, particularly with out-right replacing some of the worn siding. Considering that Chuck's still a little steamed at me b/c I misunderstood him earlier this evening over whether or not he was picking up Sylvain or heading to a movie, I guess I'll wait 'til tomorrow to mention that I found a carpenter who might be able to replace the questionable pieces we've been eyeballing. He doesn't care for hiring someone, but c'mon. We're getting into Year 2 with this little project. And especially since he's been dragging his heels on this part. I mean, since he's been unsuccessful in finding siding that matches the original. (I'll let you choose which story you're likely to believe.)



I'm happy to report that Sylvain did a fabulous job of kayaking the Manistee solo this weekend. I'm afraid now that he'll never willingly get into a canoe or tandem kayak with Chuck or I again.



Also over the weekend, I was able to start and complete Scarf #1 for the Spartan vs Wolverine Knitting Challenge 2009 between Woven Art and Knit-A-Round. I followed the New Wave pattern from Knitting New Scarves by Lynne Barr. I love this book and hope to eventually make every scarf in it. Yes, even the sea anemone looking one. Next up, I'm thinking of making another kids' scarf but making it generic stockingnette pattern that's wider at the ends, has little pockets along the front, and filling the pockets with little animals from Amigurumi Knits. Worth the work or not?



Lastly, here are some photos of my Shop Hop loot. I'm proud to say that all are Christmas presents, so stay tuned to see these as we progress into the holidays...



No comments: