Friday, January 9, 2009

First cold of the year

I guess it really does say something when you go into your boss' office to talk to him and he asks if you're going home b/c you don't look too good. Well, that happened to me today, so I took that to mean that I really must be doing worse than I thought. Okay, so the side-ward, annoyed looks from co-workers as I'm grabbing my prints from the shared printer or making copies in the mail room. So, as I found myself utterly dumb-founded as to why a particular file was not cooperating with me and starting to zone out to the drone of my laptop, I decided that my boss was right and I should just clock out, return to my p.j.s, and pull the covers tightly over my head.

The only downfall to sick days are that you spend the whole day in bed, maybe watching some t.v., maybe knitting, but then find yourself stuck wide awake at odd hours, or (if you're like me) focus in on things that need to be done. Even now, I can hear my still decorated Chirstmas tree calling me from the living room and reminding me that in 4 short days, it'll be my turn to host the guild knit-in.

I'll confess that I did watch one movie: The Dead Girl with Toni Collette, Rose Byrne, and James Franco. I don't recommend this movie b/c if it had a point, I totally missed it. January is one month that I've been looking forward to b/c it means a return to good t.v.: Damages, The Closer, BSG, Burn Notice, and Lost. Though, I ended up dvr'ing Damages and CSI this week b/c I was in the throes of cold meds and wanted to focus. If you're a fan of CSI and tend to record it, I hear that next week's ep is one that you'll want to program the dvr to go over by about 15 or so minutes. Hey, I'm here to help.

So, sorry folks for no photos. Flickr is being tempermental with me, and I don't have the patience at the moment to photo what I'm currently working on.

Have a great weekend and go snow!

No comments: